Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 1/2 jar Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F.
- Season tomatoes with 1-tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake until blistered and thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes.
In a skillet, brown chicken with remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions reserving ½-cup pasta cooking water.
- In a bowl, combine roasted tomatoes, sautéed chicken, pesto and ½ cup of pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta and toss with pesto mixture.
- Finish with cheese before serving.