Ingredients 4 Servings
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini pasta
- 6 ounces chicken breast, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 leek, sliced thin
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, quartered
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon roasted red peppers, (jarred), small dice
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Marinate chicken breast in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a skillet sauté chicken on both sides for 6-7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Sauté leek with remaining olive oil in the same pan over low heat until translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add artichokes, turn up heat and cook until light brown, about 5 minutes. Add wine, reduce to half, add broth and reduce by half again, season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cream and simmer. Slice chicken and add to the sauce.
- Drain pasta, toss with sauce over high heat. Remove from the heat, add cheese and garnish with parsley and roasted red peppers.