Ingredients 4 Servings
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Jerk seasoning
- ½ pound chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 green bell pepper, small dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, small dice
- 1 plum tomato, small dice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, and jerk seasoning to chicken. Marinate from 30 minutes to overnight.
- In a skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil sauté chicken on both sides for 6-7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions, reserving ½ cup of pasta cooking water.
- In the same skillet add remaining olive oil over high heat, add peppers, season with salt and pepper, sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and chicken, cook for 2 more minutes, and add ½ cup pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta, toss with peppers over high heat, season and remove from the heat. Garnish with green onion and cilantro.