Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
with Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Basil & Parmesan Cheese
Ingredients 4 Servings
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts, shaved
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, sliced thin
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté garlic with olive oil and just before it turns golden add Brussels sprouts and sauté over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add wine and reduce quickly, season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup of pasta cooking water.
- Add pasta cooking water to Brussels sprout mixture; toss mixture over high heat.
- Remove from the heat. Toss with cheese and top with basil.