Looking for the perfect homemade pasta sauce recipe? Barilla’s recipe for Arrabbiata sauce made with Chickpea Spaghetti uses vine-ripe tomatoes, garlic, and fresh parsley to create a delicious Italian inspired meal!
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Spaghetti
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes on the vine, blanched, peeled and diced small
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- To Taste hot red pepper, sliced
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, bring a smaller pot of water to a boil, blanch tomatoes for 30 seconds, and cool down in icy water, peel and small dice.
In a skillet, sauté garlic and spicy pepper with half the olive oil for a minute, add tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes. If needed, add pasta-cooking water.
Drain pasta, toss with spicy tomato sauce, and finish with parsley, cheese and the remainder of the olive oil drizzled on top.