Chickpea Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe with Truffle Butter
Romano cheese, reserved pasta water, cracked black pepper and truffle butter create a beautiful glossy sauce for this decadent pasta recipe.
Cacio e pepe translates to “cheese and pepper”. This is a classic Italian recipe uses only a few ingredients, but is rich in flavor. This recipe deters slightly from tradition by using truffle butter which has a nutty quality that pairs well with Romano cheese and black pepper. This dish also uses Barilla chickpea pasta, which has a wonderful al dente texture, and is made entirely from chickpeas.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Spaghetti pasta
- 4 tablespoons truffle butter
- ½ cup Romano cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarsely milled black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine butter and black pepper.
Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water and set aside. Drain pasta.
Add pasta and ½ cup pasta water to bowl with butter mixture and combine.
Stir in cheese before serving.