Finely minced Garlic is tossed with extra virgin olive oil over high heat – activating the aromatics in the sauce. Once the garlic picks up a hint of color, bloom the red pepper flakes and freshly grated lemon zest to finish the sauce. Toss over delicious Chickpea Spaghetti Pasta with freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, cracked black pepper and flakey sea salt.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Spaghetti
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup garlic sauce (recipe below)
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 whole lemon, zested
Cook pasta according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, prepare garlic sauce. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant.
Remove from the heat, add red pepper flakes, and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
Drain pasta and add the garlic sauce and cheese.
Toss to combine until cheese melts. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.