Cooking tip: When making stir fry, it’s important to bloom your spices by getting your pan or wok hot. You want the oil to shimmer, but not smoke when its added to the pan. By adding the ginger and garlic to the hot oil, it activates the aromatics in those spices, allowing the flavors to transfer well to the rest of the ingredients in your recipe. You want the ginger and garlic to pick up a hint of color, but be careful not to let them burn.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 cup red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 cup sweet white onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, cut in rondels
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups snow peas, halved
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup firm tofu, diced
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a wok [or large skillet] sauté garlic and ginger with sesame oil over high heat.
When garlic starts to turn darker yellow add chili paste and all vegetables, sautéing for several minutes.
Stir in soy sauce and tofu.
Drain pasta and toss with veggies over high heat. Top with toasted sesame seeds before serving.