For more creative recipe inspiration, check out our pasta on deck collection!
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Spaghetti pasta
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 lobsters
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup White wine
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and white pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
Add lobsters to pot and cook 5 minutes. Remove from pot and allow lobsters to cool. Reserve cooking water for sauce. Remove meat from tail and claws. Chop in 2-inch pieces and set aside.
Heat half of the olive oil in a skillet. Add garlic and lobster shells. Sauté until garlic is golden.
Add flour and cook for one minute. Add wine to skillet and cook until reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper.
Add enough lobster cooking water to cover shells. Simmer until reduced by half.
Heat remaining olive oil in another skillet. Add onions and sauté over medium heat until soft. Add tomatoes and the wine sauce.
- Cook pasta half of the recommended package cooking time. Drain and add pasta and lobster meat to sauce.
Simmer 6 more minutes until pasta is al dente. If needed add more lobster cooking water.
Season with parsley and butter and serve.