Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box (8.8 oz.) Barilla® Chickpea Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound mix mushrooms [shitake, oyster mushrooms, cremini], diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
In a separate small pot boil cream, add cheese, turn off heat and whisk until smooth, set aside.
Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet sauté garlic with 2 tablespoons olive oil, add mushrooms and sauté until brown over high heat. Stir in vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Add salt and black pepper and reduce to half.
Drain pasta and toss with mushroom sauce over high heat until liquid is reduced.
Add remaining olive oil and parsley.
Plate pasta and drizzle with creamy cheese sauce over the top.