Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and diced ½ inch size
- 2 small zucchini, diced ½ inch size
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and red pepper flakes to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile in a skillet sauté onion with half the olive oil for three minutes.
Add eggplant and zucchini, season with salt and red pepper flakes and cook over high heat for a few minutes until thoroughly cooked and slightly brown.
Add tomatoes, blister for two minutes.
Drain pasta and toss with veggies combining well. Fold in cheese and basil then drizzle remaining olive oil on top before serving.