Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 1 20-oz can Italian “San Marzano” tomatoes
- 6 small basil leaves
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté garlic with half the olive oil. When garlic starts to turn light yellow add tomatoes, salt and pepper; simmer for 15 minutes, crushing the tomatoes and stirring occasionally. If needed add some of the pasta cooking water.
Drain pasta, toss with tomato sauce for one minute over high heat.
Finish with remaining olive oil, basil and cheese (optional).