Red Lentil Rotini
with Genovese Pesto, Green Beans & Toasted Almonds
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Rotini
- 1 jar Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto
- 1 cup potatoes, small dice
- 1 cup green beans, quartered
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced & toasted
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare a light sauce by heating unsweetened almond milk over medium heat; seasoning with salt and pepper then, whisking the pesto into the warm almond milk.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta, potatoes and green beans and cook according to pasta package directions. Reserve ½ cup of pasta cooking water and use to lighten the sauce, if necessary.
- Drain pasta with potatoes and green beans, and then add to the pesto mixture. Season to taste. Garnish with toasted almonds.