Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, small diced
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté garlic with olive oil for one minute, add mushrooms and brown over medium heat.
Add pumpkin puree and 1 cup pasta cooking water; bring to a simmer.
- Stir in cream, season with salt and pepper and bring back to a boil; cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain pasta, toss with the pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in cheese and parsley before serving.