Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Rotini pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces chicken sausage, mild, sliced on bias
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 14-oz can diced tomato
- 1 pound fresh Italian parsley, sliced julienne
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and chicken sausage.
Cook/brown sausage slices, approximately 5-7 min. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add remaining olive oil, onion, and garlic, cooking for two minutes.
Stir in peppers, sauté two minutes then add tomatoes.
Bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper simmering for ten minutes.
Return sliced sausage to the sauce.
Drain pasta and toss with sauce.
Stir in parsley and cheese before serving.