For more creative recipe inspiration, check out our pasta on deck collection!
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box of Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces of white mushrooms, finely chopped
- 8 ounces of portabella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- ½ cup onion, minced
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated, divided
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- To prepare meatballs, mix mushrooms with half of the garlic, oats, breadcrumbs, oregano, egg, half of the cheese, and half of the parsley.
Using a 2" scoop, scoop mushroom mixture onto a sheet tray coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions.
- In a skillet over low-medium heat olive oil, remaining garlic, and onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
Add tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes. Add “meatballs” to sauce.
- Drain pasta, add to the sauce, and toss. Garnish with remaining cheese and parsley.