Red Lentil Spaghetti with Mushroom Meatballs
Remake a childhood favorite pasta recipe and share it with someone you love. Try this spaghetti and meatballs recipe with mushrooms tonight!
For more creative recipe inspiration, check out our pasta on deck collection!
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box of Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces of white mushrooms, finely chopped
- 8 ounces of portabella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- ½ cup onion, minced
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated, divided
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- To prepare meatballs, mix mushrooms with half of the garlic, oats, breadcrumbs, oregano, egg, half of the cheese, and half of the parsley.
Using a 2" scoop, scoop mushroom mixture onto a sheet tray coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions.
- In a skillet over low-medium heat olive oil, remaining garlic, and onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
Add tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes. Add “meatballs” to sauce.
- Drain pasta, add to the sauce, and toss. Garnish with remaining cheese and parsley.