Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons chipotle pepper
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 1 poblano pepper, diced ½ inch
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced ½ inch
- ½ cup queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 limes
- Salt to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté onion and garlic with olive oil for three minutes.
Stir in chipotle pepper and cook for a minute.
Add beef; brown over high heat, add poblano pepper and tomatoes, season with salt; continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and toss with meat mixture.
Top with cheese and cilantro, and drizzle with lime before serving.