Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup toasted salted pistachios, coarse chopped
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions.
Meanwhile in a skillet sauté shallot over medium heat for about five minutes or until translucent.
Add tomatoes, turn up heat to high and blister over high heat, about three minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Drain pasta reserving 3/4 cup of pasta cooking water, toss altogether with sauce for one minute over high heat.
Stir in basil and top with pistachios before serving.