Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound asparagus, tips and stalks
- 1 8-ounce package frozen artichokes, thawed
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 cup Prosciutto, julienne
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
- Sauté Prosciutto with 1-tablespoon olive oil until crispy set aside. In the same skillet sauté asparagus tips for 1 min. and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté onion with remaining olive oil until translucent, about five minutes. Add artichokes and asparagus stalks, cook for five minutes over high heat.
- Season with salt, pepper, and transfer to a blender. Add 1 cup of veggie broth and process until creamy but still slightly coarse.
- Return blended sauce to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Stir in cheese, asparagus tips, and top with crispy Prosciutto.