Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, julienne
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 green bell pepper, julienne
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienne
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced ½ inch
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme, leaves
- 2/3 cup Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Meanwhile in a large skillet sauté onion with olive oil for about three minutes, add peppers and eggplant, keep cooking for ten more minutes.
When water has evaporated and veggies are starting to fry add 2 cups of boiling water, salt and pepper, cover with a lid and stew for twenty more minutes, until veggies are soft and flavors are well combined.
Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
Toss pasta with veggies and thyme over high heat.
Stir in cheese before serving.