Chickpea Penne with Spicy Bok Choy
Bok choy is sautéed with ginger, pepper flakes, sesame oil, soy sauce and tossed with chickpea pasta.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 4 cups Bok choy, sliced
- 5 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Red pepper flakes to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté garlic with 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil, red pepper flakes and ginger for one minute.
Add Bok choy and cook for about 2-3 more minutes; deglaze with soy sauce.
Drain pasta and toss with vegetable mixture.
Finish with remaining sesame oil and top with toasted sesame seeds before serving.