Barilla Organic Penne with Crispy Prosciutto and Feta
- 1 box Barilla® Organic Penne
- 4 oz. prosciutto, cut into thin slices
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups frozen spring peas
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook the prosciutto over medium-high heat until it is crispy. Remove and place on a paper towel to drain.
3In the same skillet, add the garlic and 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook for 1 minute over medium heat, then add the peas and broth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4Cook the pasta according to the directions. Drain and toss the pasta with the peas and broth.
5Fold in the flat-leaf parsley and feta cheese, top with the prosciutto.