Barilla® Pronto® Penne
Alfredo with Roasted Peppers & Parmigiano Cheese
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto® Penne
- 1 jar roasted red peppers sliced thin
- 1 jar Barilla® Creamy Alfredo sauce
- 1 tbs. parsley chopped
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups of cold water into the skillet, ensuring that the liquid covers the pasta.
2Turn on the burner to high, then set your timer for 10 minutes. Optional: add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt to taste.
3Cook on high, stirring occasionally, until ¾ of the liquid has evaporated. Add Alfredo sauce and continue to cook for approximately 2 minutes. Add roasted red peppers and let them heat through.
4Remove skillet from the heat and garnish with parsley and cheese, serve immediately.