Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto® Penne
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 14-ounce package, smoked beef sausage or kielbasa, sliced into coins
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups BBQ sauce
- In a 12 inch skillet sauté sausage in olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour the whole box of pasta into the skillet then pour 3 cups of cold water into the pan ensuring that the water covers the pasta.
- Turn on the burner to high and set your timer to 10 minutes (optional: add ½ teaspoon salt to taste).
- Cook on high, stirring regularly for approximately 8 minutes.
- Add BBQ sauce, bring to a simmer and cook remaining 2 minutes until most of the water and sauce are absorbed.
- Remove skillet from the heat and stir well. Top with onions and serve immediately.