Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto® Spaghetti
- 3 cups of cold water
- 1 cup tomato juice
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, finely grated, divided
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup basil leaves, torn
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Combine tomato juice, 4 tablespoons olive oil and water, add salt to taste.
- Pour whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour water and tomato mixture into the pan ensuring that the water covers the pasta.
- Turn on the burner to high and set your timer to 10 minutes (optional: add about ½ teaspoon of salt to taste).
- Cook on high, stirring regularly, until most of the liquid absorbed, about 10 minutes but may vary by stove.
- Remove pan from heat and season generously with fresh cracked pepper. Add grated cheese, reserving some to sprinkle on top. Stir until everything is well combined.
- After plating, drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle cheese and basil over the top.
- Add extra cracked pepper if desired.