Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box, Barilla® Pronto® Penne
- 1 12-ounce package Hot Dogs, sliced into rounds
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 16-ounce can baked beans
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (Optional)
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- Salt to taste
- Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups of cold water into the pan ensuring that the water covers the pasta.
- Turn on the burner to high, then set your timer for 10 minutes (optional: add about ½ teaspoon of salt to taste).
- Cook on high, stirring regularly, until almost of the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes but may vary by stove.
- Add BBQ sauce, hot sauce, beans and hot dogs then bring to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and top with green onions, serve.
Optional: put your hot dogs on skewers and grill for 3-4 minutes before adding to the skillet.