One Pan Linguine with Asparagus & Bacon
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto® Half-Cut Linguine
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup asparagus sliced 1 inch
- 1 ½ cups Barilla® Traditional sauce
- ½ cup cooked bacon crumbled
- ½ cup Romano cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups of cold water into the pan ensuring that the water covers the pasta.
2Turn on the burner to high and set your timer to 10 minutes. Optional: add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt to taste.
3Cook on high, stirring regularly, until half of the water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus and stir to combine; continue to cook on high.
4With about 1 minute left, add sauce and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove skillet from heat, top with bacon, cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.