One Pan Vegetarian Chili Mac
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto® Elbows
- 3 cups vegetable broth low sodium (or water)
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup black beans drained
- 1 cup canned tomatoes diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 5 ounce bag spinach
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups of cold water into the pan ensuring that the water covers the pasta. Add garlic, onion, peppers, beans, tomatoes and spices.
2Turn on the burner to high and set your timer to 10 minutes. Optional: add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt to taste.
Cook on high, stirring regularly, until most of the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes but may vary by stove.
After 8 minutes add spinach. Continue cooking until all of the liquid is absorbed and the spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from the heat and stir in cheese.