Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto® Spaghetti
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar sun dried tomatoes, in oil, sliced thin
- 2 cups rotisserie-style cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups cold water into the pan ensuring that the water covers the pasta. Add onion and season with salt.
2Turn on the burner to high and set your timer to 10 minutes. Optional: add about ½ teaspoon of salt to taste.
3Cook on high, stirring regularly, until most of the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes but may vary by stove.
4With about 1 minute left add olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, chicken and arugula then stir to combine.
5Remove the skillet from the heat and season with fresh ground black pepper.