Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto® Half-Cut Spaghetti
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 jar, Barilla® Marinara
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 leaves basil, fresh, sliced thin
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups of cold water into the pan ensuring that the liquid covers the pasta.
- Turn on the burner to high, then set your timer for 10 minutes (optional: add about ½ teaspoon of salt to taste).
- Cook on high, stirring regularly, until most of the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes but may vary by stove.
- Stir in sauce and cream, and continue to cook until desired consistency is reached, approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, top with cheese. Serve immediately.