Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Protein+® Elbows pasta
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ¾ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425º F. Toss cauliflower with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Place cauliflower on a sheet tray and roast for 7-9 min. or until done, set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat add butter and onion. Cook for 1-2 min. Whisk in cream and mustard, bring to a simmer, whisk in cheddar and ½ of the Parmigiano, and cauliflower.
Place mixture in a blender and blend until smooth, then mix with pasta. Top with breadcrumbs, remaining Parmigiano cheese, and parsley.