Angel Hair Pasta Recipe
This savory shrimp pasta dish merges delicate strands of Protein+(R) Angel Hair pasta with lemony shrimp and crunchy asparagus to delight your senses. Red pepper and red pepper flakes give a little kick to an already-flavorful recipe.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients 7 Servings
Ingredients for Angel Hair with Lemon Shrimp and Asparagus:
- ½ box Barilla® Protein+® Angel Hair pasta
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled deveined
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced (2 tablespoons) and lemon zest (2 teaspoons)
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add asparagus; boil for 30 seconds. Drain; rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, shrimp, red pepper, and red pepper flakes; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until shrimp is cooked and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium low.
Stir in half-and-half and salt. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- Add shrimp mixture to hot pasta.
Add lemon juice and lemon zest.
Transfer to a serving platter; sprinkle with optional cheese and serve.