High Protein Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe with Tuna & Mozzarella
This high protein pasta salad recipe packs plenty of Mediterranean flavors like olives and mozzarella.
Barilla ProteinPLUS® Elbows
Mediterranean Pasta Salad with ProteinPLUS® Elbows
Perfect for a summer anywhere, especially on the shores of the Mediterranean: this tuna pasta salad recipe packs flavor and protein for your next picnic or social gathering. Impress your friends with this high protein elbow pasta salad with olives, capers, tuna, and mozzarella cheese. Kick this Mediterranean pasta salad recipe into overdrive by substituting Kalamata olives to further capture the flavor of the sea. Try this high protein pasta recipe soon!
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- 1 box Barilla® ProteinPLUS® Elbow pasta
- 1½ cup cherry tomato, halved
- 1½ cup black olives (may substitute Kalamata olives)
- 4 ounces tuna in olive oil, drained
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- ½ teaspoon salt-packed capers soaked, excess salt removed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- Cook elbow pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil
- Refrigerate for 2 hours
- Combine cherry tomatoes, olives, tuna, cheese, capers, basil, salt, pepper and remaining oil
- Marinate for 2 hours
Toss pasta and marinated ingredients in a large bowl