Barilla® ProteinPLUS® Farfalle
with Roasted Fennel, Parsnips & Orange Zest
Ingredients for 7 people
- 1 box Barilla® ProteinPLUS® Farfalle
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 parsnip, ½ inch diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Sea salt to taste
1Preheat oven to 425° F.
2In mixing bowl toss 2 tablespoons olive oil, fennel, onion, parsnips, thyme and crushed red pepper.
3Place vegetables on non-stick baking sheet in oven; roast for 15 minutes.
4Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water. Return pasta to the pot.
5Add remaining olive oil, orange zest and roasted vegetables to pasta and toss well over medium heat until warmed through, approximately 2-3 minutes. Season with salt to taste.