- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 7 people
- 1 box Barilla® Protein+™ Penne
- 4 ounces Pancetta (can substitute bacon), julienne
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pint grape tomato, halved
- 8 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup Romano cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add pancetta to a cold skillet and sauté over medium heat until crisp.
- Drain, discard fat and reserve pancetta.
- Add tomatoes and half of the olive oil to the skillet.
- Sauté tomatoes over medium heat until the skins are slightly blistered.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add peas and ½ a cup of water.
- Cook until most of the water has evaporated about 6 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and toss the pasta with the pea mixture.
- Finish with the cheese, remaining olive oil, and pancetta.