Ingredients for 7 people
- 1 box Barilla® Protein+™ Rotini
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut 1 inch dice
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1 inch dice
- 1 large red pepper, remove seeds and cut into 1 inch dice
- 1 large yellow pepper remove seeds and cut into 1 inch dice
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced thin
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved and sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes and juice
- 1 15-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, packed in water drained and rinsed
- 2 anchovies, packed in oil chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning spice mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts toasted
- small bunch fresh basil, torn into small pieces or julienned
- Gently mix all vegetables together in slow cooker.
- Add anchovies, Italian seasoning, salt, ground pepper and olive oil to the mixed vegetables.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Serve by placing 2/3-1 cup pasta in a bowl.
- Add 1 cup slow cooked ratatouille on top.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and fresh basil.