Barilla® ProteinPLUS® Rotini Slow-Cooked Spring Ratatouille
with Basil & Pine Nuts
- 1 box Barilla® ProteinPLUS® Rotini
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut 1 inch dice
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1 inch dice
- 1 large red pepper, remove seeds and cut into 1 inch dice
- 1 large yellow pepper remove seeds and cut into 1 inch dice
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced thin
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved and sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes and juice
- 1 15-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, packed in water drained and rinsed
- 2 anchovies, packed in oil chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning spice mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts toasted
- small bunch fresh basil, torn into small pieces or julienned
1Gently mix all vegetables together in slow cooker.
2Add anchovies, Italian seasoning, salt, ground pepper and olive oil to the mixed vegetables.
3Cook on low for 6 hours.
4Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
5Prepare pasta according to package directions.
6Serve by placing 2/3-1 cup pasta in a bowl.
7Add 1 cup slow cooked ratatouille on top.
8Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and fresh basil.