Ingredients for 7 people
- 1 box Barilla® Protein+™ Rotini
- 1 each (approximately 1 pound) pork tenderloin
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces blackberries, frozen
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over high heat. Add pork and brown on all sides.
- Finish pork in oven until desired temperature reaching at least 145 degrees. Remove and let rest.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta water.
- Heat butter and remaining olive oil in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté until well caramelized 5-7 minutes.
- Add blackberries and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add brown sugar, white balsamic vinegar and thyme and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and pasta water to blackberry mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide into eight bowls and top with sliced pork. Garnish with fresh thyme.