Ingredients for 7 people
- 1 box Barilla® ProteinPLUS® Spaghetti
- 1 jar Barilla® Tomato & Basil sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 small zucchini, sliced
- Salt and black pepper
- 8 leaves fresh basil, torn
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Chop onion and slowly cook with olive oil for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add zucchini, sauté over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in sauce and water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and toss with the sauce.
- Stir in cheese and basil and serve.