Ingredients for 7 people
- 1 box Barilla® ProteinPLUS® Spaghetti
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 cup spring peas
- 10 basil leaves
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and preheat oven to 425° F.
- Meanwhile in a blender, make the pesto by combining the peas, basil, and half of the cheese with salt and pepper. Puree while slowly drizzling in 4 tablespoons of olive oil and ice cubes – and set aside.
- In a medium below, coat the cherry tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a cookie sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions. Drain and add ½ cup of the cooking water to the pesto and mix thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta with the pesto.
- Top with the roasted cherry tomatoes and remaining cheese before serving.