Barilla® ProteinPLUS® Spaghetti
with Green Beans and Tomatoes
- 1 box (16 ounces) Barilla® ProteinPLUS® Spaghetti
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 medium tomatoes on the vine, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 pound green beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add shallots and sauté until golden.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes; season with salt and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and thyme.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add green beans for last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain and add pasta and green beans to sauce. Mix well and serve.