Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Protein+™ Spaghetti
- 6 ounces guanciale (cured unsmoked pork jowl) or pancetta, cut into strips
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a bowl, beat egg yolks with a pinch of salt and 1/3 of the cheese.
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat add guanciale; sauté for a few minutes until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, reserving some of the cooking water, transfer to the skillet with the guanciale and mix well.
Remove skillet from heat, add beaten egg yolks with a few tablespoons of pasta cooking water and mix for about 30 seconds.
Add the remaining cheese and mix well.
Garnish with a generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.