Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Protein Plus Spaghetti
- 6 ounces guanciale (cured unsmoked pork jowl) or pancetta
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks with a pinch of salt and 1/3 of the grated Pecorino cheese.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add guanciale, cut into strips, and sauté for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, reserving some of the cooking water, transfer to the pan with the guanciale and mix well.
- Remove pan from heat, add beaten egg yolks with a few tablespoons of pasta cooking water and mix for about 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining Pecorino cheese and mix well.
- Garnish with a generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.