Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Protein+™ Spaghetti
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
Juice the lemons to yield ½ cup fresh lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper to blend. Set aside.
Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
Toss pasta with lemon sauce, basil and pasta cooking water adding ¼ cup at a time to moisten.
Season with salt and pepper, transfer to bowls and serve.