Ingredients 7 Servings
- Barilla® Protein+™ Penne
- 4 cups snap peas, cut in half
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions.
- Meanwhile in a skillet, sauté snap peas with half the olive oil for 2 minutes over high heat until slightly brown and still crunchy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of cooking water. Toss pasta with veggies over high heat, add reserved cooking water and combine well while water is reducing.
- Turn off heat, stir in mint, cheese and remaining olive oil before serving.