Summer is pasta salad season. Fresh strawberries, tangy balsamic dressing, leafy spinach, and creamy feta cheese are all brought together by Barilla’s Protein+ Pasta.
A trick to cooking the pasta for pasta salad is following the package directions. Drain the pasta (do not rinse), and spread out the pasta on a large sheet pan. Toss with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. This will allow the pasta to cool and not overcook.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Protein+® Penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ cup strawberries, quartered
- 2 leaves basil, chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and pour pasta into a dish and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, combine pasta with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add to the pasta, spinach, strawberries, and basil. Garnish with feta cheese and drizzled balsamic glaze. Serve and enjoy!