Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Protein+™ Penne
- 10 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 10 each Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped thin
- 3 tablespoons almond flour, toasted
- Sea salt to taste
Toast almond flour in a non-stick skillet with a little salt until slightly brown, set aside.
- In the same skillet heat 6 tablespoons olive oil and fry sage leaves until crispy. Place on a paper towel, season with salt and set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile in a skillet sauté garlic with 4 tablespoons olive oil, add mushrooms and cook over high heat until slightly brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Cook pasta and Brussels sprouts together in seasoned boiling water. Drain and toss with mushrooms mixture and parsley.
- Top with crispy sage and toasted almond flour before serving.