Broiled Salmon with a Creamy Alfredo Sauce & Zucchini
- 4 4-ounce salmon filets
- 3 zucchini, sliced half moon
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves
- ¾ cup chives, sliced
- ½ cup toasted almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Corn starch
- 2 tbs Water
- ½ cup, grated Parmigiano
- Salt to taste
Alfredo Sauce ProcedureBring milk and cream to boil, lower the heat and add garlic powder. Meanwhile dilute corn starch with water, add to the sauce along with salt, whisk well and simmer for two minutes. Turn off heat, stir in cheese.
- Preheat the oven to the broiler setting. On a foil-lined cookie sheet place the salmon skin side down, season with salt and pepper.
- Top each filet with ½ cup of the sauce, the zucchini and a sprinkle of Parmigiano then broil until golden brown and fully cooked, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
- To serve plate each fish separately then garnish with toasted almonds, parsley, and chives.