- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- 1 jar Barilla® Basil Pesto sauce
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto® Penne
- 3 cups cold water
- 3 cups Butternut Squash, diced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon, chopped
- Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups of cold water into the pan ensuring that the water covers the pasta.
Turn on the burner to high and set timer for 10 minutes. Add squash. Optional: add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt to taste.
Cook on high, stirring occasionally, until 3/4 of the liquid has evaporated. Add pesto and continue to cook for approximately 2 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheese and bacon. Serve immediately.