Fancy Grilled Cheese Sandwich RecipeWho says grilled cheese can't be fancy? Goat cheese and mozzarella star in this pesto grilled cheese sandwich recipe that will quickly become your favorite party appetizer. Enjoy the creamy melted cheese atop the flavorful taste of rustic basil pesto.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 4 people
- ½ jar Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices soft white bread like brioche
- 1 cup soft goat cheese
- 8 ounce bag mozzarella, shredded
- 1 medium avocado, sliced thin (Optional)
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, thinly spread goat cheese on 4 slices of bread.
- On the other slice of bread spread the pesto evenly. Over the pesto lay ¼ of the mozzarella and avocado (optional) then top with second piece of bread.
- Add butter to the skillet, once melted add the sandwiches to the skillet and gently move them around to absorb some of the butter.
- Cook until bread is lightly browned then using a spatula flip over and press gently.
- When the cheese is melted remove from the skillet and let it rest for a few seconds before slicing.