- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 jar Barilla® Basil Pesto, divided
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 1 medium summer squash, sliced into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1 red sweet pepper, cut into strips
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup of the pesto, the olive oil, and the lemon juice. Pour mixture into a large zip-top plastic storage bag along with the chicken breasts; seal out excess air and turn bag to coat chicken breasts evenly. Marinade in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours.
- An hour before grilling, toss the summer squash, zucchini, and sweet pepper in ¼ cup of the pesto to coat evenly; let stand at room temperature 1 hour to marinate.
- Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade. Grill chicken on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat 15 to 18 minutes or until done (165°F), turning and brushing with reserved marinade twice during grilling. Place pesto-coated vegetables in a grill basket and cook alongside the chicken during the last 8 minutes of grilling, stirring occasionally. Discard any remaining marinade.
- To serve, drizzle with remaining pesto.