- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 jar Barilla® Traditional sauce
- 16 slices Italian bread or 4 ciabatta rolls, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- In a small saucepan, heat sauce over medium heat until hot; set aside.
- Preheat an electric sandwich press or covered indoor grill.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread both sides of each bread slice with butter. Place bread slices, a few at a time, in the sandwich press or indoor grill. Cover and cook about 4 minutes or until bread is toasted, turning if necessary.
- Immediately after bread is toasted, spread 3 tablespoons sauce on half of the bread slices. Top with some of each of the cheeses and the remaining bread slices. Return to sandwich press and grill 3 to 4 minutes more or just until cheese melts. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.